Management is the organization and coordination of the activities of a business in order to achieve defined objectives. Management is also the process of dealing with or controlling things or people.
Why choose Management?
The Department of Management Offers:
A Concentration in Management: You should choose this career if you like managing people or things, you could have a wide range of industries from which to choose in the public or private sector. Based on which career path you choose, you will take groups of courses geared toward:
- General Business
- Health Care Management
- Management Information Systems
Find more information, including course description, on Major in Management
Find more information, including course description, on Minor in Management for Non-business Major
What will you learn?
As a management major, you will take required and elective courses in management. These courses will teach you to:
- Comprehend issues in ethical decision making and social responsibility
- Analyze financial data to support business decisions and assessment of business strategies
- Demonstrate interpersonal, team and leadership skills necessary to function in multicultural business settings
- Students will be able to apply knowledge of business concepts, quantitative analysis tools, and problem-solving methodologies
- Demonstrate an understanding of how global trends and competition affect businesses and their strategies
What will you do?
Studying management can open many doors to get you on the right career path, by gaining the knowledge you need to understand operations, information systems, managing people, and much more.