BS Online Degree Completion (BSODC)
Why choose psychology online?
Fayetteville State University's online psychology program is designed for you to earn your BS in Psychology effectively, efficiently and expertly without ignoring all the other equally important parts of life. Many of our alumni and current students have balanced military service, full and part time jobs/careers, family, the adjustment of being first generation college students, career changes and the diversity of life experiences that enhance any college degree. The online psychology degree at FSU is here, there and everywhere!
Our online psychology program has:
- Ranked #1 Affordable Online Psychology Program (affordablecollegesonline.com)
- Ranked #1 Psychology Online Program in the University of North Carolina University System
- Won Digital Learning Award for Teaching Innovations for Diverse Military Affiliated Students (University of North Carolina System Office)
- Professors that not only teach but also bring a broad range of lived experiences such as having private practices as licensed psychologists, attended community college, did career changes, are military affiliated (service member, veteran, family member), first generation college students and represent a diverse group on gender, race/ethnicity/nationality and disability.
Possible Career Options with a Psychology Degree
Our versatile bachelor's degree in psychology prepares you for several career paths:
- Advertising Agent/ Analyst
- Career Counselor
- Case Manager
- Customer Service Specialist / Manager
- Human Resource Specialist / Manager
- Laboratory Assistant
- Market Researcher
- Probation and Parole Officer
- Psychiatric Technician
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Social Services Specialist
Courses in the online psychology program are delivered through Canvas, a learning management system that allows students to obtain a high-quality learning experience with user friendly course navigation and reliable accessibility. Canvas courses typically include a variety of assignment formats including discussion boards, documentary and podcast review, group work, reflection-based writing assignments, and submission of student videos or presentations. Student learning is assessed using a variety of methods including traditional quizzes as well as non-traditional, creative assignments such as e-portfolio development. Online courses are typically offered in an asynchronous format, which means that assignments can be completed at times that are convenient for students rather than instructors. Our professors realize that many online students are balancing competing demands related to work, family, and health. We strive to ensure that our students experience their online course work as flexible, engaging, user friendly, and useful. We welcome and encourage feedback if ever that is not the case.
Our program prepares students by building a knowledge base and skill related to the biological, social, and cultural aspects of behavior. By developing transferrable skills, students are prepared for graduate and professional studies as well as careers in multiple employment settings
- Abnormal psychology
- Behavioral Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Counseling/Clinical Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Experimental Psychology
- Forensic Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- School Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Sports Psychology
Students will demonstrate
- a comprehensive understanding of the main subfields of Psychology.
- knowledge of psychological theories to real-life scenarios.
- familiarity and experience with the psychological research methods.
- specific knowledge and abilities related to subfield and specialization.
Important transferable skills learned in our department that employers find desirable:
- Research & Project Developmental Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Interpersonal/Cross-Cultural Skills
- Communication Skills
The completion of our online program will serve you well in your career preparation. The knowledge and skills gained from obtaining a psychology degree can be applied to a large number of other disciplines and a variety of occupations. Psychology graduates possess numerous transferrable skills (e.g., managing projects, analyzing problems, relating to others, and effective communication) that heighten their attractiveness to future employers. Psychology graduates can pursue many professions. Those who hold a bachelor's degree will find positions as assistants in rehabilitation centers, jobs related to data collection and analysis, or positions involving significant interpersonal relations.