School of Social Work Alumni
- Allison Terrell - Military and Family Life Counselor, Magellan Health.
- Stephanie Silva - Department of Defense.
- Breeahn Powell - Director, NC Mentor.
- Ary Chevere - Special Education Teacher, Houston Independent School District.
- Consuela Alexander - Mobile Crisis Clinician, Daymark Recovery Services.
- U. Grant Baldwin, Jr. - Clinical Addiction Specialist, LLC, CEO, Founder.
- Cortrina Johnson, MSW, LASA - Outpatient Therapist.
- Shante Spenser - Army National Guard, Intake/Outreach Coordinator, Sandhills Community Action Program, Inc.; Team Leader, Heathcare Resource.
- Llewellyn Hicks - Director, Progressive Healthcare & Counseling Services, Inc.
Former FSU MSW Grad Earns Doctorate
Dr. Jessica Strong, Ph.D., MSW, LSW, Assistant Professor at University of North Carolina Wilmington in the Fall of 2012 as a Lecturer, but joined the full-time faculty in 2013 after earning her doctorate in Social Work from Rutgers University in New Jersey. She also earned a BSW from Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, IN, and a MSW from Fayetteville State University. She has worked in research on a variety of projects, especially those examining the intersection of health issues and social work in veteran populations. She regularly presents this research at local and national conferences. She also has practice experience in social work with women, focusing on issues of sexual assault, interpersonal violence, and employment. Research Areas: Military Members, Veterans, and their Families; Health and Social Work; Gender Issues in the Military Teaching Areas: Field, Social Work with Military Members, Veterans, and their Families