Why Choose Biological Sciences?
A B.S. in biology: You should choose this degree if you plan on going to graduate school or into a professional discipline like medicine or physical therapy. Based on what your career goals are, you will take groups of courses geared toward:
- Organismal Biology
- Plant biology
- Biology Education
- General studies in biology
A Minor in Biotechnology: This option will prepare you for a career in gene modification, or vaccine production.
A B.S. in Forensic Science: You should choose this degree if you plan on working as a forensic science technician, or obtaining a graduate degree in forensic science or a related field. Courses offered in the Program are geared toward:
- DNA analysis
- Trace evidence examination
- Microscopy techniques
- Crime scene investigation
What Will You Learn?
- You will learn how isolate genes in a research lab.
- You will learn how the human body is structured and functions through our Anatomy and Physiology course.
- You will gain skills that will enhance your research presentations and publications.
What Will You Do?
- Become an educator
- Prepare for Graduate and Professional School
- Prepare for a career in the Health Care Industry