Undergraduate & Graduate Students

If you are applying as an undergraduate student and believe you qualify as a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes, you will need to submit a Residency Determination with the NC Residency Determination Service.

RDS completes residency determinations for all public institutions in North Carolina. You will only need to complete this process once for all of the NC public institutions to which you are applying.

If you do not complete a Residency Determination, you will be billed at the out-of-state tuition rate.

If you have any questions or would like to appeal your residency determination, you can contact RDS at:

NC Residency Determination Service
(844) 319-3640

Military Affiliated Students

If you are currently serving on active duty and stationed in NC, or the dependent of a service member stationed in NC, please submit the necessary form(s) to the Residency Determination Service to qualify for in-state tuition.