Classification & Compensation
Classification and Compensation unit within the Office of Human Resources is responsible for working with University administrators to establish and maintain fair and equitable classification and salary decisions for the University's workforce. The unit maintains the integrity of the State of North Carolina's career banding program for positions Subject to the State Human Resources Act (SHRA) and positions that are Exempt from the State Human Resources Act (EHRA), as well as the Department of Labor's prescribed Fair Labor Standards Act regulations.
The Classificaiton and Compensation Manager is charged with the overall position management and salary administration for the University within the guidelines prescribed by the University of North Carolina (UNC) System and the Office of State Human Rescources (OSHR). The primary functions of the position incude position management and compensation consultation, which can assist Uniersity administrators with organizational and position design; position review and analysis; consultation on departmental pay philosophies and strategies; compensation analysis; and salary adjustment approvals and monitoring.
- FSU Request for Salary Adjustment Form - Required for all salary increases 15% or more and $10,000, cumulatively fiscal year to-date, based on the prior June 30 base salary . Submit for Chancellor and Board of Governors Approval.
- Position and Personnel Action (PPA) Form - Required for position and personnel actions
- SHRA Position Description Form - Required to establish/revise SHRA Positions
- EHRA Position Description Form - Required to establish/revise EHRA Positions
- ADA Checklist
- Competency Assessment Form - Required only for SHRA Positions
- Competency Assessment Sample Form - For New Hire
- Competency Assessment Sample Form - #1 Compentency Level Change
- How to Update a Position Description in PeopleAdmin
- Establish New Position Example
- Abolish Position Example
- Competency Level Change Example
- Extra Duty Example