Classification & Compensation
Classification and Compensation is responsible for working with University administrators to establish and maintain fair and equitable classification and salary decisions for the University's workforce. The unit maintains the integrity of the State of North Carolina's career banding program and EHRA designations, as well as the Department of Labor's prescribed Fair Labor Standards Act regulations. Position Management and Compensation provides services and consultation in the areas of organizational and position design; position review and analysis; consultation on departmental pay philosophies and strategies; compensation analysis; and salary adjustment approvals and monitoring.
- Establish SHRA Position
- Establish EHRA Position
- Modify SHRA Position
- Modify EHRA Position
- Request Temporary/Acting Salary Adjustments
- Prepare Organizational Chart -FSU Organizational Chart Standards
- FSU Request for Salary Adjustment Form - Required for all salary increases 15% or more and $10,000, cumulatively fiscal year to-date, based on the prior June 30 base salary . Submit for Chancellor and Board of Governors Approval.
- Position and Personnel Action (PPA) Form - Required for position and personnel actions
- SHRA Position Description Form - Required to establish/revise SHRA Positions
- EHRA Position Description Form - Required to establish/revise EHRA Positions
- ADA Checklist
- Competency Assessment Form - Required only for SHRA Positions
- Competency Assessment Sample Form - For New Hire
- Competency Assessment Sample Form - #1 Compentency Level Change