You are considered a readmit student if you have previously attended FSU but have not been enrolled for either a fall or spring semester. You will apply for readmission through either the Registrar's Office or the Office of Admissions, depending on how long you have been away and your status when you left FSU. Read below to determine which office will process your readmission.
When to Apply Through the Registrar's Office
Apply for readmission through the Registrar's Office if you meet all of the criteria listed below. If you do not meet one or more of the following criteria, apply for readmission through the Office of Admissions.
- You have not been enrolled at FSU for two or fewer consecutive semesters (not including summer sessions), and
- Your cumulative GPA is 2.0 or greater, and
- You have attempted less than 180 credit hours, and
- You have not attended any other institution since you were last enrolled, and
- You are not a recent graduate, and
- You are not a second degree seeking student, and
- You are not a special visiting student.
Graduation from the University ends your enrollment. If you have not applied and taken courses at FSU after you have graduated, you must submit a new application to the University instead of applying to readmit.
When to Apply Through the Office of Admissions
Apply through the Office of Admissions if:
- You have not been enrolled at FSU for more than two consecutive semesters (not including summer sessions), or
- Your cumulative GPA is less than 2.0*, or
- You have attempted 180 credit hours or more, or
- You have attended another institution since you were last enrolled, or
- You are a second degree seeking student (you should apply as a second degree seeking student, not a readmit), or
- You are a special visiting student (you should apply as a special visiting student, not as a readmit).
If your cumulative GPA is less than a 2.0, you will need to submit an Academic Appeal.
How to Apply
To apply for readmission through the Office of Admissions, you should submit:
- A completed application online through CFNC.
- $40 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from all institutions you've attended since your last enrollment at FSU.
Prior to enrollment, you will need to receive clearance from the Office of Business and Finance, Student Affairs, and the Registrar's Office. Once you are admitted and all offices are cleared, you will be able to register for classes.
As a readmitted student, you will be subject to the degree requirements in effect at the time of your readmission (See Catalog Policy for more information).
Visit University College for more information about how to Return2FSU.