Why Attend Summer School?
If you are intent on finishing your degree in four years, then Summer School at Fayetteville State University is for you! It is a great opportunity to catch up, get ahead, improve your GPA, or focus on difficult courses that will lighten your regular fall or spring load. Also, take advantage of our faculty-led study abroad learning experiences to do more than read about the world.
2020 Summer Session Dates
Summer Session I - June 1 - 26, 2020
Eight Week Courses - June 1 - July 31, 2020
Summer Session II - July 6 - July 31, 2020 Registration begins April 6, 2020.
For the most recent listing of courses, please refer to Banner.
Special Visiting Students
Special Visiting students are defined as those undergraduate students who plan to take courses for reasons other than earning a degree. These applicants should create an application (through CFNC or the QUICK APP process) and pay the non-refundable $50 application fee at the end of the application. If you graduated from a high school in North Carolina, you will also be able to use CFNC to submit your official high school transcript.
Applicants accepted as special visiting students must apply for full admission to the university once they earn 30 credits at FSU. Special Visiting students receive year-round campus support through the Office for Adult Learners. Although permission is not needed to take classes at FSU, final authority regarding transferability of courses and those courses that are applicable towards a particular degree rests with the individual's home institution.
Professional Development Students
If an individual has at least a Bachelors degree and desire to take undergraduate courses for reasons other than earning a second undergraduate degree, they must apply as a Professional Development student through our Graduate Admissions portal.
Pre-requisite overrides will be entered manually by the Office for Adult Learners upon the request of the student. It is the responsibility of the student to seek prior approval from their home institution to ensure that the correct course necessary to complete degree requirements will be taken.
- NC Residency Determination Service (RDS) - to ensure you are billed at the in-state tuition rate.
- Banner Login - to register for classes, view your schedule or bill, etc. You will use the nine digit Banner number given upon Admission as your User ID and the initial password, which will be your six digit birthday - MMDDYY. Change this password after your initial login!
- Bills must be paid by 10 a.m. on the third day of class. Make a payment to the Cashier on the 2nd floor of the Lilly Building or online by credit card.
- Campus maps will help you find your way around FSU.
- Part of your bill includes the textbook fee. You can obtain your assigned textbooks at the FSU Bookstore, located at 1073 Murchison Road in Bronco Square.
- Parking permits require that vehicles be registered first, then obtain the permit from the Police and Public Safety Office in Mitchell Hall.
- Accessing FSU email and Canvas, our learning management system, requires Network Access.
- Is there one place where I can access all of these different resources? Yes, once you have network access you can log into MyBronco Portal.
- If you are looking for a good place to study, try the Charles W. Chesnutt Library or ue their online services to get help.
- Our student ID card is a Bronco Card. The Bronco card office hours are 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- If you try to register and you receive a Hold code, check the list of codes to begin to solve the problem.
- You can obtain a transcript of the FSU coursework from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Are special visiting students required to provide proof of immunizations? Students are exempt if they are enrolled for four credit hours or less and reside off campus, attend evening classes (starting at 5:00 pm) or take weekend classes only.
- Is housing an option during summer school?
- What are the dining facility's hours of operation?
- Who do I contact when I receive a registration add error message?
- How do I reset/change my password?
- Where can I find the Broncoville portal?
FSU sponsors faculty led summer study abroad courses. Trips are announced early in the fall semester. Each experience includes at least one FSU course and travel to a related destination with study on site. Many of the trips are international, but some remain within the United States.
New York City (Wall Street, Stock Exchange, UN, presentations at major financial brokerages, Ellis Island) and Washington DC (Tour of the Capital, Visit with Legislative Delegation, Smithsonian)
New York City and Washington DC with New York Cares and a DC Children's Homeless Shelter; Conversation with Dr. Randall Pinkett (Businessman and winner of The Apprentice, season 4)
A one month immersion experience at University of Extremadura, Caceres Spain
International Business Connections in Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong, China
Examined a Criminal Justice system where police officers were not armed - London, England - 2015, 2017
New York City - Museums, Studios, Private Dance Classes, Theatre Workshops, Plays
Barbados - Research on Health Care Management - 2016. 2018
London and Paris - Explored the roots of modern psychology - 2016
London and Vienna - Explored the roots of modern psychology - 2018
Dominican Republic - The Pediatric Nursing Clinical Experience - 2017; 2019
Three week language and cultural immersion in Almeria, Spain - 2018