FSU at a Glance
- Student to faculty ratio is 18:1
- 33 bachelor's degrees; 8 master's degrees; 1 doctoral degree
- 10 undergraduate online degree completion programs; 2 graduate ODC programs
- 2 ROTC Programs (Air Force and Army)
- Most popular majors: nursing, psychology, and business administration.
FSU is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
AACSB Accreditation - College of Business and Economics
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
FEPAC Accreditation - Forensic Science Program
Forensic Science Education Programs Accreditation Commission
Only undergrad forensic science program in NC accredited by FEPAC, the preeminent forensic science accreditation.
National Geo-Spatial Intelligence Agency Accreditation - GEOINT Certificate Program
Only institution in NC to hold this accreditation.
- 6,226 students. (5,393 undergraduates)
- 68% are female.
- 74% are minorities.
- 76% are commuter students.
- 64% are older than 24.
- 93% are in-state residents.
- 266 full-time teaching faculty.
- 80% of full-time faculty hold doctoral or first professional degrees.
Campus & Facilities
- Founded in 1867.
- Mid-size university in Fayetteville, NC.
- Main campus is 156 acres.
- 38 buildings, 4 of which were built in the last 10 years.
Marquell Turner-Gilchrist graduated from Fayetteville State in 2009.
#1 nursing program in NC and #2 in the eastern region by NurseJournal.org.
#1 master's in criminal justice program in the nation by Top Criminal Justice Schools.
#1 online undergraduate fire and emergency services program by Best Degree Programs (BDP).
#1 most affordable online psychology program in the country by AffordableSchools.net.
#2 theater program in NC and #8 in the country among HBCUs by HBCU-colleges.com.
#3 most affordable online criminal justice program in the country by AffordableSchools.net.
#3 most affordable online business program in the country by AffordableSchools.net.
#7 accounting program in the world by the Social Science Research Network (Sept 2017).
#8 best sociology program in the country by AffordableColleges.com.
#9 nursing program in NC by RegisteredNursing.org.
#45 online Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management in the country by Online MBA Today (only HBCU to make the list).
#57 business school in the US by Social Science Research Network (May 2017).
#89 business school in the world by Social Science Research Network (May 2017).