Clubs & Organizations
There are many professional, academic, and social clubs/organizations at Fayetteville State University that we encourage the students to join. Several are specifically designed for students within the College of Business and Economics, which are listed below:
The goal of the Accounting Association is to enhance and prepare students for a successful career in the accounting profession. We serve the students by providing opportunities that will assist in networking opportunities, internships, co-ops, and job offers.
Request more information about Accounting society by the Society's Advisor: Renelle Brown
AITP@FSU is a Student Chapter of National AITP at Fayetteville State University. The Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) offers opportunities for Information Technology (IT) leadership and education through partnerships with industry, government and academia. AITP provides quality IT related education, information on relevant IT issues and forums for networking with experienced peers and other IT professionals for nearly 9,000 members. AITP is the Information Technology professional organization of choice for providing leadership opportunities, professional development and personal growth.
- To develop a better understanding of the nature and functions of information technology and information systems within the university and neighboring community
- To promote sound general principles in information technology and to study technical methods with a view to their improvement.
- To disseminate generally, by all appropriate means, all fundamentally sound principles and methods of information technology.
- To supply to its members' information of the most current methods, and assist them in solving their individual problems.
- To foster among students a better understanding of the vital business role of information technology, the proper relationship of information technology to management and the necessity for a professional attitude among information technology professionals in their approach to an understanding and application of the principles underlying the science of information technology.
Join an elite network of Information Technology professionals, educators, and students dedicated to continuing education, professional growth, leadership, and the exploration of issues that face the IT industry.Access the highest quality IT educational opportunities and forums for networking with experienced professionals and those new to our field. Additional benefits are provided by the AITP through our strategic partnerships with top businesses and affiliate organizations dedicated to helping us achieve our mission of connecting our members with an unsurpassed level of resources and education.
AITP membership entitles you to:
- High quality white papers covering current technology and IT management practices
- Networking opportunities with peers via National and Chapter events, discussion forums, listservs and SIG's - get in touch with your IT peers!
- Latest developments on IT conferences, research developments, breaking news, advocacy efforts, vendor solutions, RFPs, and career opportunities
- Local chapter and region affiliations.
- Knowledge exchange through IT repository and discussion forums.
- Special discounts for AITP members on continuing education courses, group insurance plans, financial services, and other valuable products and services.
- Advocacy and influence opportunities in the IT industry via AITP advocacy committees.
- Voting rights.
- Access to a directory of AITP members.
Beta Gamma Sigma is the honor society for business programs accredited by AACSB International. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in an undergraduate or master's program at a school accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Corporate recruiters actively seek individuals who have been elected into membership in Beta Gamma Sigma. The Beta Gamma Sigma designation can set you apart from the crowd. Long after graduation, Society membership will provide benefits to you and your professional life. Programs such as the BGS CareerCentral job board, On-Line Community and the Alumni Network offer alumni members opportunities to stay connected and benefit from their commitment to academic excellence.For more information, please visit the national chapter website of Betta Gamma Sigma
Bronco Toastmasters provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth. If you are looking to tell your story, find your voice, or just become a better leader, join us this and every Monday for our meetings.
Find more information on BroncoToastmasters
PHI BETA LAMBDA is the national organization for all students in post-secondary schools and colleges enrolled in programs designed to develop vocational and professional competencies and who accept the purpose of Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) and subscribe to its creed. The purpose of the organization is to:
"...provide opportunities for post-secondary and college students to develop vocational competencies for business and office occupations and business teacher education. Phi Beta Lambda is an integral part of the instructional program and, in addition, promotes a sense of civic and personal responsibility."Find more information on the website of the NC Phi Beta Lambda and contact Dr. Spillers.
Your SAM campus chapter is a working model of a real business organization. And you will get hands-on experience making it work!
Your regular chapter activities will help you develop a wide array of managerial and leadership skills such as: goal setting, planning, organizing, controlling, project management, scheduling, prioritizing, budgeting, advertising, marketing, public relations, selling, fund raising, and running productive meetings.
- Gives you a personal introduction to the practicing managers in your local community.
- Exposes you to the most successful management techniques in current use.
- Transforms textbook theories into practical application.
- Eases the transition from college to career.
- Introduces you to other students who share your interests, concerns, and career objectives.
- Strengthens your resume with a professional credential.
- Moves your career on a faster track. "Through the interaction of students, faculty, and practicing managers, to assist in communicating the practice of professional management."
As a SAM member, you will receive:
- Quarterly issues of SAM Advanced Management Journal
- SAM International News
- Invitations to International and Regional Conferences where you can meet with professionals and other student members>
- Opportunity to serve on SAM International Board of Directors
- Discount on the Annual SAM International Conference fee
- Opportunity to compete with other SAM campus chapters in our Annual Management Case Competition
- "No risk" opportunity to learn and perfect the management theory basics and practice