Department of Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle Grades, Reading, and Special Education
You will leave with much more than a diploma. With a degree in education, you will not only gain the essential skills to think critically, speak and write effectively, make informed decisions, but also demonstrate competencies that impact children you teach.
What You Get At FSU!
Our core curriculum will expose you to a broad-based education rich in the liberal arts and courses in the major will prepare you to be dynamic, knowledgeable, caring, and reflective teachers and leaders.
Choose from Programs of Study
The Department of Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle Grades, Reading and Special Education offers three degrees at the baccalaureate, and two degrees at the master's level with various concentrations. These programs lead to a North Carolina initial or advanced license. In addition, the Department offers four North Carolina initial licensure only programs for candidates who already hold a bachelor's degree.
- BS in Birth-to Kindergarten Education (Teaching & Non-Teaching)
- BS in Elementary Education (K-6)
- Middle Grades (6-9)
- M.A.T. ( Elementary, Middle Grades, and Special Education)
- M.Ed. ( Elementary, Reading, and Special Education)
- Licensure Only ( B-K, K-6, Middle Grades, Reading, and Special Education)
To learn more about our programs and courses of study, visit the Course Catalog