College of Education
Preparing knowledgeable, reflective and caring school executives and teachers.
Facilitators of Learning
The commitment of the College is to prepare facilitators of learning and other school personnel who
- demonstrate caring dispositions
- practice ethical responsibility
- are knowledgeable and reflective
- use research to expand their knowledge base and make evidence based decisions
- communicate effectively, and proficiently with all students, parents, peers, and administrators
- respect all types of diversity and practice responsive pedagogy
- incorporate technologies appropriately to enhance instruction, learning, research, and data management
- identify the characteristics of diverse families and communities and use that knowledge to help students learn, achieve, and succeed in life.
We will build upon our College of Education's proud legacy of strong undergraduate and graduate academic programs designed to prepare effective, high quality teachers and other educational leaders. Our vision is to produce professionals who will positively impact the lives of 21st Century children, local educational agencies, communities, and organizations for global competitiveness.
Our College of Education prepares knowledgeable, reflective, and caring professionals in the fields of education, research, and service. Our highly qualified faculty ensure that our candidates participate in prescribed activities, cutting edge instructional practices offered through multiple modes of delivery, on-going assessments, and field-based internships. As a result our completers have the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to support student learning within a framework of family and community and are able to participate in a diverse, technological, and global society. The COE proudly prepares transformational educators and leaders through licensure only options and degrees at the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels for the southeastern region of the state, nation, and the global community.