Birth to Kindergarten Education (BS)
The Birth- Kindergarten (B-K) program is designed to prepare professionals for the early care and education system. The successful completer of this program will earn the North Carolina B-K Teaching License and be prepared to teach children from 0-6 years old enrolled in public or private preschools and kindergartens. The successful program completer may also find job opportunities in mental health agencies, developmental programs, family resource programs, and childcare resources and resources programs, and childcare resources and referral agencies.
Birth to Kindergarten Education Teaching
Why Choose to teach Birth through Kindergarten? Birth to Kindergarten teaching gives you an opportunity to teach young children, work with diverse families, and engage in hands-on-experiences. You will be able to access most of the coursework online and will be qualified for a North Carolina Teaching License.
What Will You Learn?
You will graduate from this program with the ability to be a knowledgeable, caring, and reflective practitioner; you will also demonstrate an understanding of:
- child development and learning
- family and community relationships
- research- based developmentally appropriate instructional strategies
- observing, documenting, and assessing the learning of young children
- developing meaningful curriculum
- leading in the classroom and in the schools
- appropriate accommodations and strategies for diverse learners
- instructional strategies that are responsive to all learner needs
- ethical and professional behavior
- integrating technology to enhance instruction
What Can You Do With a B.S. Degree In Birth To Kindergarten Teaching?
- Education Administrator
- Preschool or Child Care Center Program
- Preschool Director
- Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Teacher in Public or Private Elementary School
- Pursue Advanced Degrees in education or other fields
- Youth Organizations