Department of Performing and Fine Arts
The Department of Performing and Fine Arts produces graduates that will be leaders and advocates in their respective fields in the performing and fine arts - music, dance, theatre, and visual arts.
The Department is also committed to building community through the arts by being a resource for performing and fine arts pedagogy and performance, cultivating a climate where creativity flourishes, engaging the community with the arts, and making the arts accessible to all. While our offerings, programs, courses, and faculty have grown over the years, our core educational mission remains the same - to unleash each individual student's artistic potential in performance, creation, or scholarship.
Fayetteville State University is accredited by the National Association of Schools Music and National Association of Schools of Arts and Design respectively.
The Performing and Fine Arts offers the following degrees:
- Music, Music Education-Choral/ General, B.A.
- Music, Music Education-Instrumental/ General, B.A.
- Music, Music-Instrumental Studies, B.A.
- Music, Music-Keyboard Studies, B.A.
- Music, Music-Voice Studies, B.A.
- Theatre, B.A.
- Visual Arts, Art Education Concentration, B.A. (Licensure K-12)
- Visual Arts, Digital Art Concentration, B.A.
- Visual Arts, Studio Art Concentration, B.A.
We also offer minors in:
Dance , Theatre, Visual Arts, Digital Arts and Music