Computer Science (Minor)
In the last quarter of a century, advances in computer science technologies have been enormously rapid, and computers have had a profound transforming impact on our modern society.
Join distinguished Computer Science faculty to work on cutting edge research topics that will give you the tools necessary to excel in your career. Under the guidance of Computer Science faculty and with cooperation with the industry, you can study solutions for networking, cybersecurity, robotics, artificial intelligence and machine learning. There is a tremendous power to be able to utilize computers to their fullest.
For the detailed program requirements, please refer to the Computer Science (Minor) Curriculum.
Why Choose Computer Science?
The whole digital world is built by computer science professionals
In this Digital Age, it is computer science professionals who build the websites and electronic devices we are using every day. They theorize, design, and develop the software and hardware to make our life fancy and convenient.
Computer professionals are demanded in every type of industry
Every industry uses computers so naturally that you can find computer professionals in any type of industry. Problems in science, engineering, health care, and so many other areas can be solved by computers.
Have a Rewarding Career
There are huge openings for computer professionals on job market. Compared to other jobs, computer science professionals have a great flexibility and highly competitive salary.
What Will You Learn?
You will have the theoretical and applied preparation how to write programs across many exciting applications:
- Building web applications
- Processing, modeling and visualization of large datasets
- Creating modern system with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Defending computing networks against cyber attacks
- Programming geographic information systems
What Will You Do?
On graduating from Computer Science program, you will have many choices in your future career.
- Software Developers
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer Network Architects
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Database Administrators
- Computer Hardware Engineers
- Computer Programmers
- Information Security Analysts
- Web Developers
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer Support Specialists