Cyber Security (BS)
Are you interested in protecting the world against cyber-attacks? Consider a bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity. The B.S. in Cybersecurity program will prepare you for a rewarding career in one of the fastest-growing fields of information technology. You will learn both the theory and practice of cybersecurity to address security challenges and risks. What is more, you can become a certified security professional and expert in
- Protecting information, digital devices, underlying networking infrastructure, websites, and software from unauthorized access and harm.
- Performing penetration testing on a computer system to evaluate its security.
- Conducting digital forensic investigation for the preservation, identification, extraction, and documentation of digital evidence.
For the detailed program requirements, please refer to the Cyber Security (BS) Curriculum.
100% Online Option Available
First fully online B.S. in Cybersecurity program in the UNC system.
Through NC Promise, the tuition cost of in-state students is only $500 per semester.
Huge Demand of Cybersecurity Workforce
Cybersecurity workforce gap is 3.4 million in 2022.
What Will You Learn?
You will learn both the theory and practice of cybersecurity to address the security challenges and risks:
- Ethical and legal issues in cybersecurity
- Information security
- Computer security
- Network security
- Web security
- Software security
- Penetration testing
- Digital Forensics
What Will You Do?
On graduating from Cyber Security program, you will have many choices in your future career.
- Information security analyst
- Security engineer
- Security architect
- Security consultant
- Security systems administrator
- Malware analyst
- Penetration tester
- Digital forensic examiner