Program Objectives and Learning Outcomes of Computer Science Program
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are the goals that the department expects its alumni to achieve within a few years of graduation.
The Educational Objectives of the FSU Computer Science B.S. Program are:
Within a few years following graduation,
- PEO1: Graduates have the ability to be employed in computer-related positions or in other degree-requiring professions.
- PEO2: Graduates have the ability to pursue graduate studies.
- PEO3: Graduates have the ability to engage in life-long learning.
- PEO4: Graduates have the ability to be actively involved in social and professional service at local, national, and global levels.
- PEO5: Graduates have the ability to assume professional leadership roles.
The Computer Science B.S. program learning outcomes
The Computer Science B.S. program enables students to achieve by the time of graduation the following learning outcomes:
- An ability to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions;
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program's discipline;
- An ability to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts;
- An ability to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles;
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline; and
- An ability to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
|Number of Graduates||19||21||23||21||21|
What Will You Do?
On graduating from Computer Science program, you will have many choices in your future career.
- Software Developers
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer Network Architects
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Database Administrators
- Computer Hardware Engineers
- Computer Programmers
- Information Security Analysts
- Web Developers
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer Support Specialists