Materials Science Graduate Certificate Program
This program was funded by NSF HRD 2106181.
PI: Zhiping Luo (FSU).
Co-PI: Bhoj Gautam (FSU), Shubo Han (FSU), Shaik Zainuddin (Tuskegee University).
1. Materials Science Graduate Certificate Curriculum
This Materials Science Graduate Certificate Program is to be implemented.
Applicants for the Materials Science Graduate Certificate should hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution (or equivalent) with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, or have completed the requirements for Materials Science Minor Program at Fayetteville State University. For the certificate, 12 credit hours are required.
- MATS 510 (3-2-2) Materials Science
- MATS 520 (3-2-2) Biomaterials Science
- MATS 530 (3-2-2) Polymer Science
- MATS 650 (3-0-6) Materials Science Capstone
Total Credit Hours: 12.
(1) Students will receive scholarship of $1,000/mon for summer research.
(2) Students will travel to Tuskegee University for on-site collaborative research.
July 4th to 9th, 2022: FSU undergraduates Starfari McClain and Thomas Murray and postdoc Dr. Navadeep Shrivastava visited TU for on-site collaborative research.
July 6th, 2022: FSU postdoc Dr. Navadeep Shrivastava delivered a seminar at TU, entitled “Development of Luminescence Nanomaterials & Application Radiation Detection”.
June 1st to July 24th, 2022: FSU undergraduate Tamela Moore attended REU research summer internship at Tuskegee University.