Health & Physical Education K-12 (BS)
Health and Physical Education (K-12) students are prepared to be facilitators and change agents for promoting better health through skills-based health and physical education.
Why Choose Health and Physical Education?
The Health and Physical Education curriculum assist students in the development of cognitive, psycho-motor and affective learning patterns as requisite tools for effective teaching in K-12. To facilitate and enhance high levels of wellness the health and physical educator must be able to:
- Assess determinants of health
- Recognize the value of physical activity and other personal behavior on wellness
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns
- Use 21st century knowledge and skills to teach health and physical education to diverse group of K-12 students
It was at FSU where I met lifelong friends, and mentors. My Journey at FSU was great.
What Will You Learn?
- EDUC 210 Technology Applications for Teachers (NO SPACES)
- EDUC 310 Foundations of Education
- EDUC 330 Educational Psychology and Human Development
- EDUC 331 Instructional Design and Assessment
- EDUC 421 Principles of Secondary Education
- EDUC 450 Classroom Management/Parent Counseling and Guidance
- EDUC 464 Methods and Materials in Health & Physical Education 7-12
- READ 320 Teaching Reading in Secondary Schools
- EDUC 470/480 Student Teaching in Secondary Schools
- EDUC 490 Professional Education Seminar
In the clinical experience, candidates are paired with educators in the classroom to the further develop content knowledge, pedagogical content knowledge, pedagogical skills, and integration of technology in all areas to produce a positive impact on student learning. The goal of the clinical experience is to link theory and practice within the clinical setting to contextualize and cultivate knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions. Admission to teacher education or permission of instructor is a prerequisite.
What Will You Do?
- K-12 Educator
- Educational leadership
- Curriculum development
- Special Education