The music program at Fayetteville State University produces musicians prepared to make significant contributions to the music profession. The BA in Music has two concentrations (Music Education and Music) which offer a variety of flexibility in course offerings as a liberal arts institution.
Why choose Music?
The music program at FSU offers exposure to diverse and innovative experiences in performance, workshops and classroom participation that goes beyond the traditional training. With exposure to real world experiences, we provide life-long learning experiences with music, and promote a climate for scholarly engagement with music.
Ashonti Gainey in Trinidad
What will you learn?
- essential skills of musical performance.
- comprehensive knowledge of music theory and essential aural skills.
- comprehensive knowledge of music history and synthesize the analysis of literature, performance styles, and genres of Western and non-Western music.
- devise a construct of music through aesthetic experience and critical and creative thinking.
- analyze and synthesize pedagogical strategies, assessment, and the nature of the learner.
What will you do with a degree in music?
You can have a rewarding career in ....
- music education
- arts management
- entertainment law
- music therapy
- music business
- creating vitual reality sound environments
- music worship
- music communication
- broadcast media
- music journalism
- music librarian film scoring
- music production and engineering
- performing arts medicine
- vocal/instrumental performing
- instrument repair
- recording industry
- electronic production and design
- publicity and promotions
Additional resources on Music Careers
- Student Time Management Schedule
- Prospective Student Inquiry Form
- Accompanist Request Form
- Applied Jury Repertoire Sheet
- Freshman Review Form
- Hearing Form (Soph. Qual. And Sr. Recital)
- Jury-Audition Form
- Piano Proficiency Evaluation Form
- Sophomore Qualifying Exam Approval Form
- Sophomore Qualifying Check-Off List
- Senior Recital Approval Form
- Senior Recital Check-Off List
- Music Student Handbook
- Music Faculty and Staff Handbook
- Musician Health and Safety Resource Manual
- Faculty Staff and Students Notification of Information