Broncos Helping Broncos
The ability to submit an application through Broncos Helping Broncos is dependent upon availabilty due to the generous private donations of alumni, friends, parents, and corporate sponsors. Please note, the application link may be removed based upon the availability of funds to award.
The Fayetteville State University community takes a great sense of responsibility to care for our students in need beyond the cost of attendance. The Broncos Helping Broncos is an emergency aid assistance program aimed to assist students who are affected by extreme hardships or needs.
Many students are facing unexpected stress and fear as it relates to loss of income due to sickness, housing or transportation insecurities, or the loss of a loved one. No matter the case, Fayetteville State University is here to provide financial assistance.
MAXIMUM AID AMOUNT:
Broncos Helping Broncos aid is limited to a maximum cumulative amount of $500.00, per student, per academic year. Please note that applications for Broncos Helping Broncos aid are subject to approval by the Broncos Helping Broncos committee based upon need and justifications provided.
- Be currently enrolled at Fayetteville State University for the semester in which you are applying for aid.
- Have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency or unplanned event that would directly impact the student's ability to complete classes during the semester.
- Demonstrate that other means of financial resources have already been utilized, or are unavailable.
- Demonstrate financial need with supporting documentation outlining student information as well as the company or agency.
- Acceptable forms of documentation may include: insurance/ vehicle statements, rental payment statements, utility bill statements, etc.
ELIGIBLE EXPENSES include, but are not limited to:
- Medications and costs related to emergency medical care
- Temporary housing
- Safety needs
- Emergency vehicle repairs
- Replacement of essential belongings due to fire, theft, or natural disaster
- Travel costs related to the death or illness of an immediate family member
INELIGIBLE EXPENSES include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition and fees
- Parking tickets
- Credit card debt
- Student loans or any kind of loan debt
- Health insurance
- Study abroad costs
- Non-essential utilities (ex. cable)
- Home furnishings not related to damage or theft
- Entertainment, recreation, or non-emergency travel expenditures resulting from poor financial management.
*Please note that it may take up to two weeks to process your application and aid, if approved by the Broncos Helping Broncos committee.