Although Fayetteville State University no longer has a Fall Commencement Ceremony, students who complete degree requirements in the Fall semester will be awarded for the Fall. All eligible candidates may participate in the upcoming Spring Commencement Ceremony.
Spring 2018 Graduation Information
Please send all inquiries concerning graduation to RegComm@uncfsu.edu. Please include your Name, Banner ID and Degree program in the e-mail.
Please allow 4 - 6 weeks after graduation to expect transcripts to be updated with "Earned and Conferred" and diplomas to be mailed. Please verify your mailing address through banner self-service.
- How to Apply for Graduation
- Guide For Graduates - Spring Commencement 2018
- Department Commencement Events by Date- Spring Commencement 2018
- Department Events by School/College- Spring Commencement 2018
- Diploma Request- Duplicate or replacement diplomas
Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
- Student must be admitted as a degree-seeking student and not a Special Visiting student.
- Student must have a declared major and not a pre-major.
- Student must complete all requirements of the major degree program.
- Students must earn at least 120 hours and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. Some programs require a higher GPA and additional hours. See degree program information for specific requirements.
- Student must complete a minimum of 25% of the total earned credit hours required for the degree program curriculum in residence at Fayetteville State University.
- Student must earn the minimum required Grade Point Average for courses in the major. See degree program for specific requirements.
- Complete the Graduating Senior Assessment (see Examinations and Assessments)
Graduate Graduation Requirements
- Students must earn an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Students must complete all courses in their approved program of study.
- Students must be enrolled at Fayetteville State University in the semester they intend to graduate.
- For students in Master’s Degree Programs, courses cannot be older than six (6) years at the time of graduation.
- For students in the Doctoral Degree Program, courses cannot be older than eight (8) years at the time of graduation.
- Students must apply for graduation in the semester prior to the semester they plan to graduate.
- Students must pay the required graduation fee.
- Students cannot graduate with an “I,” “IP,” or “U” grades.
Prior to the start of rehearsal, all graduates must stop by the Check-In station to pick up their line-up card.
The line-up card will have the student’s name, honor (if any) and a number which represents your place in the Processional on Saturday morning.
Qualifying graduates will be issued a Latin honor stole. Replacement stoles will not be available at commencement. See Graduation with Distinction for more information.
|When:||Friday May 11, 2018|
|Time:||8:00-8:45 a.m. - Pick up line-up card|
|9:00 a.m. - Rehearsal begins|
The Dean of your degree program will announce your name during the ceremony using the card. Photographers will also contact graduates with information and proofs from the event using the information you place on the back of the card. For hard to read names, graduates may write, as clearly as possible, a phonetic spelling or pronunciation of their name on the card. It is the responsibility of the graduate to bring the card to the ceremony.
|When:||Saturday, May 12, 2018|
|Time:||9:00 a.m. - Line-up at 7:15 a.m.|
|Where:||Crown Coliseum (No tickets needed) - Downloadable map [PDF]|
|Additional Commencement Information:||7:30 a.m. - Family & Friends begin entering the Crown|
|8:30 a.m. - Student Processional begins|
|9:00 a.m. - Commencement program begins|
|When:||Friday, May 11, 2018|
|Formal Academic Regalia (gown, hood, cap, tassle): Watch "How to Wear Your Regalia"|
Please wear dark-colored skirt, dress, or pants and shoes.
|Men:||Please wear a shirt and tie, and dark slacks and shoes.|
|No sneakers or other casual attire, please|
Graduation distinctions are awarded based on final cumulative statistics. To be eligible to graduate with honors, baccalaureate students must have completed a minimum of sixty (60) earned hours at Fayetteville State University and may be awarded with the following honors:
Summa Cum Laude: to those having a scholastic average of 3.800 - 4.000
Magna Cum Laude: to those having a scholastic average of 3.500 - 3.799
Cum Laude: to those having a scholastic average of 3.200 - 3.499
Students will be recognized for graduation with distinction at commencement exercises based on their grade point average when they are cleared for participating in commencement exercises. Graduation with distinction will be recognized on the final transcript and diploma on the basis of the complete academic record.
Diplomas will be mailed to students four to six weeks after the commencement ceremony. Students must satisfy all financial obligations to the university and complete the financial aid exit interview, if applicable, to receive a diploma and/or transcript.
Diplomas and transcripts for students who complete requirements in the summer will indicate the date at end of the summer term the student completes requirements.
Students can begin to request official transcripts through their online Banner account four weeks after the commencement ceremony.