Register for Classes
How do I register for Classes?
You are responsible for registering for classes according to procedures and deadlines established by the Registrar. The classes in which you are registered at the close of the official registration period constitute your official schedule and course load. Tuition and fees are based on the your total hours of enrollment at the close of the official registration period.
You must ensure that you are officially registered for the classes you attend. You will not receive credit or a grade for any class in which you are not officially registered. Attending classes without official registration does not constitute enrollment in that class.
Failure to attend class does not constitute official withdrawal from that class. You are responsible for initiating the appropriate withdrawal process if you wish to discontinue enrollment in a class or all classes.
After a course has reached its maximum enrollment limit, the waitlist option may become available.
To add your name to the waitlist, you must select "Waitlist" from the pull-down menu on Self-Service.
Some things you should know about waitlist:
- The system will not allow you to waitlist multiple sections of the same course.
- The system will not override time conflicts. Thus, if you are registered for a class that already exists for that time slot, you will not be allowed to waitlist the class.
- Once you become the first person on the waitlist, you will receive an automatic e-mail notification.
- You must register for the course within 24 clock hours of the e-mail notification. Otherwise, you will be dropped from the waitlist and the next person will move to the top of the list.
- If you no longer wish to be on the waitlist, you must drop the course through the Self-Service using the Drop/Add menu.
- If the course prerequisites are not met, you will not be able to register for the course without override permissions. Consult with the instructor if you do not meet the course prerequisites.
- Being on a waitlist does not guarantee registration for the class. It is recommended that you register for an alternate class in case the course never becomes available to you.
How to Add My Name to a Waitlist