Taking Courses At Another Institution


To take a class at another institution:

Confer with your advisor to determine your best course of action.

Confer with the Office of Financial Aid to determine if your financial aid will pay for the course and/or the process for payment.

If the advisor approves, the advisor must submit the Approval to Pursue Courses at Another Institution form for approval from your department chair and dean of your school or college.

The Aproval form is needed to ensure the course can be used toward degree completion, inform the Registrar of the equivalency of the course, and to ensure students meet the overall 25% degree completion at Fayetteville State University.

If the department chair and dean of your school or college approves the form, you can then continue to contact the institution of choice to be admitted and to register for the course.

If you are not approved to take the course and you choose to enroll anyway, the course may not be used to meet degree requirements.

The approved form is received in the Office of Registrar for documentation and processing the course once it is completed and the grade is received.  A disapproved Approval to Pursue form will not be submitted to the Office of the Registrar.

Once the grade is received, request an official copy of the transcript.

If requesting an electronic copy send to: FSURegistrar@uncfsu.edu.

If requesting a hard copy to be mailed, mail to:
   Fayetteville State University
   Office of of the Registrar
   1200 Murchison Road
   Fayetteville, NC 28301