Tran, Trung V
Dr. Trung Tran
Assistant Professor, Geography, GISP
Office: LT 321D
Dr. Trung Tran is an Assistant Professor in Geography in the Department of Intelligence Studies, Geospatial Science, Political Science and History at Fayetteville State University. His formal training is in Geography, Remote Sensing, and GIS. He is interested in applying geospatial technologies including remote sensing, GIS, and GPS to investigating patterns and processes of land cover/use changes as well as their relationship with environmental changes. His past projects have been identifying deforestations and their linkage with socio-economic factors across southern United States. Future research will focus on land cover/use changes and their impact on environmental sustainability and human health. In his spare time, Trung plays badminton and swims. He also prefers travelling to not only enjoy the beauty of the nature but also learn how natural landscape has been altered by human.
- Ph.D., University of Oklahoma, USA
- M.E., HCMC University of Technology, Vietnam
- B.E., HCMC University of Technology, Vietnam
Courses Taught at FSU:
- GEOG 200 - Weather and Climate
- GEOG 210 - Principles of Geography
- GEOG 220 - World Regional Geography
- GEOG 311 - Cartography
- GEOG 314 - Introduction to Remote Sensing
- GIScience and geovisualization
- Remote sensing
- Spatio-temporal analytics
- Land change
- Coupled human-environment systems
- Bui TT, Tran TV, Le LHT, Duong HHT, Tran PV. (2018). An Approach to Representing Traffic State on Urban Roads Used by Various Types of Vehicles. In Nguyen NT, Hoang DH, Hong TP, Pham H, Trawiński B (Eds.) Intelligent Information and Database Systems. (pp. 179-188). Springer.
- Tran TV, Bui TT, Nguyen TDT, Huynh CNT, Tran PV. (2017). Block-Moving Approach for Speed Adjustment on Following Vehicle in Car-Following Model. In CV Phan, HHC Nguyen, V Emil (Eds.) Context-Aware Systems and Applications, and Nature of Computation and Communication (pp. 100-109). Springer.
- Tran TV, Truong TV, Meyer T. (2016). Characterizing pedestrian crashes along an urbanization gradient: A case study in Greensboro, North Carolina. In Transportation Research Board 95th Annual Meeting 2016, Washington DC, USA, January 10-14.
- Tran TV, de Beurs KM, Julian JP. (2016). Monitoring forest disturbances in Southeast Oklahoma using Landsat and MODIS images. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 44, 42-52.
- Tran PV, Tran TV, Nguyen HT. (2014). Visualization-based tracking system using mobile device. In J. Sobecki, V. Boonjing, S. Chittayasothorn (Eds.) Advanced Approached to Intelligent Information and Database Systems (pp. 345-354). Springer.
- Tran TV, Julian JP, de Beurs KM. (2014). Land cover heterogeneity effects on sub-pixel and per-pixel classifications. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, 3, 540-553.
- Julian JP, Davies-Colley RJ, Gallegos CL, Tran TV. (2013). Optical water quality of inland waters: A landscape perspective. Annals of the Association of American Geographers, 103, 309-318.