"Vote" for your favorite Mr. and Ms. Staff Senate Candidate by Donating! The Mr. and Ms. Staff Senate candidates who raise the most money for the Staff Educational Grant Award will be crowned our new Mr. and Ms. Staff Senate. Voting is open until May 1, 2021. To "vote", donate to your favorite candidate here.
To make a donation to the Educational Grant Award, not tied to a specific candidate, please text “Staff2021” to phone number: 91999.
Candidates for Mr. and Ms. Staff:
Mr. Dwane Hodges — Sponsored Research & Programs
Mr. Justin Rogers ITTS-Instructional Design and Technology Specialist
Mr. David Troup — Facilities Management/Campus Painter
Ms. Patricia Flanigan — Chesnutt Library
Ms. Gloria Mills — Chesnutt Library
Ms. Diana Amerson — Chesnutt Library
Ms. Chanieca Hudson — Police and Public Safety
Members of the Mr. and Ms. Staff Senate Pageant include Mallonee Clay, Winette Vann, and Jasmin Sessoms.
Welcome! A Message from FSU Staff Senate President, Patricia Flanigan
I am extremely honored to serve as President of the Fayetteville State University Staff Senate. As the Chair of the Staff Senate, I am extremely proud of the work that has been accomplished by the members of the Staff Senate, and other staff members of Fayetteville State University. I look forward to working with you.
The Staff Senate meets the third Thursday of every month. These meetings are designed to keep the staff informed on what is happening on our campus and within the UNC System.
Contact President Patricia Flanigan at 910-672-1543/2421 or email@example.com
About Staff Senate
The Staff Senate was established by the Chancellor Willis B. McLeod in 1998 as a representative body which:
- Advises the Chancellor and his/her designee as requested
- Considers rules, policies, regulations and procedures affecting SHRA and EHRA (non-teaching) staff
- Encourages communication concerning general employment interests and concerns, current University operations, and University plans or prospects
- Makes constructive suggestions for a more efficient and effective University working environment among all employees.
Goals for 2020-2021
- Continue to work closely with Human Resources to offer more staff development opportunities.
- Improve and maintain Staff Educational Assist through Grants for SHRA and EHRA (non-teaching) employees.
- Increase staff involvement in community partnerships.
- Increase staff involvement in collaborations and partnerships with Faculty Senate and Student Government Association.
- Review the By-Laws and update the policies and/or procedures and make recommendations regarding interest/concerns that affect staff members.
- Update and maintain Staff Senate Website to improve communication with the staff formally and informally, through various means.
- Increase the visibility of our Staff Senate by using social media tools, brochures, etc.
Executive Committee Members
- Patricia Flanigan, President
- Arnescia Moody, Vice President
- Dennis McNair, Treasurer
- Roni Stearns, Secretary
- Shenetta Dudley, Corresponding Secretary
- Linda Saunders, Parliamentarian
- Velappan Velappan, Past President & Coordinator of Web Information
- Mallonee Clay, Coordinator of Memberships
Opportunities for Staff
Staff Senate Grant
The Staff Senate Grant Award principally targets four-year academic programs; however, graduate and certificate/licensing programs are also eligible provided that the training will enhance the applicant's skills and abilities. Recipients are selected by a selection committee.
The grant will be applied to the cost of tuition and/or fees. Payment will be made directly to the providing institution. Two grants up to the amount of $250 will be awarded per semester. The grant award will only be offered to a staff member once each academic year.
Below you will find links to the Staff Senate Grant Application and Award Criteria:
For additional information, please contact a member of the Grant Award Committee
Chair: Dwayne Hodges ext. 1645
Co-Chair: Keith Townsend ext. 1091
Established in 2006 under System President Erskine Bowles, the UNC System Staff Assembly is an advisory body of SHRA (formerly SPA) and EHRA (formerly EPA) Non Faculty Employees who represent the Staff of the 17 schools that make up the University of North Carolina. Delegates from Fayetteville State University serve on the UNC System Staff Assembly. https://myapps.northcarolina.edu/staffassembly/
Staff Senate Bylaws
Executive Committee Minutes
Staff Senate Minutes
- February 2017
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 2017
- June 2017
- August 2017
- September 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2016
- February 2016
- March 2016
- April 2016
- May 2016
- June 2016
- August 2016
- September 2016
- October 2016
- November 2016
Bylaw Committee Minutes
Elections Committee Minutes
Website/Newsletter and Communication Committee Minutes