Welcome! A Message from FSU Staff Senate President, Roni D. Stearns, MSHR
“It is my esteemed honor and privilege to serve as your 2023-2025 Staff Senate President. Representing the brilliance, hard work, and loyalty our staff brings to the campus of Fayetteville State University gives me great joy.
It is my goal to help our campus reimage and re-engage our Senate body, continue to advocate for the welfare and support of our staff and to continue to ensure the voices, ideas, and concerns of our staff community is honored, valued, and heard.
You don’t have to be an elected Senator to get involved! I’d love to know how I can better serve you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me!”
Can you connect the dots and solve the mystery?
Enjoy an evening of mystery and entertainment to view the play, “Lights, Camera, Murder!” at Fayetteville State University’s Butler Theatre
Join us to see what happens when no one is acting like they are supposed to!
*Sponsored by Staff Senate for the Staff Senate Education Grant Award.
Staff Senate is pleased to announce…
2023 Mr. FSU Staff: Fames MoDuffie
2023 Ms. FSU Staff: Dr. Claudette Fuller
Mr. Staff Runner-up Kintu Stevenson
Ms. Staff Runner-up: SOuenna Pennix
Congratulations to our winners and each contestant for your incredible efforts.
Thank you to each supporter and donor!
About Staff Senate
The Staff Senate was established by the Chancellor Willis B. McLeod in 1998 as a representative body which:
- Advises the Chancellor and his/her designee as requested
- Considers rules, policies, regulations and procedures affecting SHRA and EHRA (non-teaching) staff
- Encourages communication concerning general employment interests and concerns, current University operations, and University plans or prospects
- Makes constructive suggestions for a more efficient and effective University working environment among all employees.
Goals for 2020-2021
- Continue to work closely with Human Resources to offer more staff development opportunities.
- Improve and maintain Staff Educational Assist through Grants for SHRA and EHRA (non-teaching) employees.
- Increase staff involvement in community partnerships.
- Increase staff involvement in collaborations and partnerships with Faculty Senate and Student Government Association.
- Review the By-Laws and update the policies and/or procedures and make recommendations regarding interest/concerns that affect staff members.
- Update and maintain Staff Senate Website to improve communication with the staff formally and informally, through various means.
- Increase the visibility of our Staff Senate by using social media tools, brochures, etc.
Executive Committee Members
- President/Chair: Roni D. Stearns, MSHR
- Vice-President/Vice-Chair: Jermaine L. Stearns
- Secretary: Dorothy Cannon-Brown
- Corresponding Secretary: Melissa Wells
- Treasurer: Dr. Claudette Fuller
- Parliamentarian: Sylvester Washington
- Membership Coordinator: Chanieca Hudson
- Web Coordinator: Tiffany Torres
Staff Senate Grant
The Staff Senate Grant Award was established in 2015 by Fayetteville State University (FSU) Staff Senate. The mission of the grant is to provide financial assistance to FSU staff employees earning a degree at any degree granting institution or for other professional certification.
The Staff Senate Grant Award principally targets professional success through 2 to 4-year academic programs, graduate and certification/licensing program, professional development or attending a conference. The Grant Award establishes a financial advantage to allow employees the training and skills needed to enhance one’s abilities. Recipients are selected by a selection committee.
The grant will be applied to the cost of tuition and/or fees. Payment will be made directly to the provider of services. One grant in the amount of $250 will be awarded per semester. The grant award will be offered to four (4) staff members once each academic year.
- Applicant must be a permanent staff employee at FSU.
- Applicant must be enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education, community college, or other certifiable professional development opportunity (does not have to be FSU) or conference.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing (minimum 2.5 GPA)
- Completed application form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript in a sealed envelope (If Applicable)
- Name of provider/ organization/Intuition
- An essay to include the following:
- How will the educational opportunity help the applicant perform his or her job?
- What skill sets will the applicant gain?
- What are the long-term educational goals of the applicant?
- What are the long-term career goals of the applicant?
All applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on or before the respective deadline date. The deadline for applications is to be determined (TBD). Applications postmarked after this date will not be considere.
Please email OR submit application in person to the current committee chair.
For additional information, please contact a member of the Grant Award Committee
Chair: Dwayne Hodges ext. 1645
Established in 2006 under System President Erskine Bowles, the UNC System Staff Assembly is an advisory body of SHRA (formerly SPA) and EHRA (formerly EPA) Non Faculty Employees who represent the Staff of the 17 schools that make up the University of North Carolina. Delegates from Fayetteville State University serve on the UNC System Staff Assembly. https://myapps.northcarolina.edu/staffassembly/
Staff Senate Bylaws
Executive Committee Minutes
Staff Senate Minutes
- February 2017
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 2017
- June 2017
- August 2017
- September 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2016
- February 2016
- March 2016
- April 2016
- May 2016
- June 2016
- August 2016
- September 2016
- October 2016
- November 2016